A bulldog is available in various varieties like English bulldog and French bulldog. French bulldog or “Frenchie” are becoming popular because they are cute little dogs. French bulldogs have big, rigid, round bat ears, flat muzzles and pug noses. Your children would love to have them around as they are playful, loving, inquisitive and vigilant. One major characteristic of French bull dog is they need companionship and get strongly bonded to a person. They belong to the group of French Mastiff dogs. This bred is generally from England but were later taken to France which developed into international breed. The French bulldog bitch has nearly 2 to 5 puppies. French bulldog puppies are small, compact, with large bat shaped ears, thick bone structure and have playful attitude.
Why adopt a French bulldog puppy?
French bulldog puppies are considered excellent companion to humans and can adapt to any lifestyle quickly. Some major traits of this breed are:
- They are affectionate, friendly and loyal
- This breed is patient and gentle with children
- Puppies can live comfortably in apartments
- The breed likes companionship of its master than other pets or dogs
- Ideal for long friendship
- They crave lot of attention and must be kept in a family environment.
These puppies are stubborn by nature and so require training. Males are a bit aggressive and have to be trained at an early age to be obedient. Lot of patience is required to train them.
Make sure that you groom them at an early age. They do drool a lot and make sure that you teach them cleaning habits at early age. Exertion should be avoided as it can lead to breathing problems.
Factors to consider before adopting a French bulldog puppy:
- These breeds need lot of attention at home. Do not leave them alone as far as possible and make sure that you spend lot of quality time with him.
- Also called as indoor dogs. These dogs cannot be tied outside for longer period of time as they get overheated easily. Take the puppy for a walk in the morning and evening during extreme temperature.
- Invest time for training and socialization.
- Where to sleep?
- Where they can find their food and water?
- When to wake up and sleep?
- Where his toys are?
- Where should he go for potty?
- What does "No" word mean - You may be repeating this word again and again in the beginning. Your puppy should understand that he has done something wrong and should avoid doing it.
- As he is very young you can teach him to be gentle and not to bite grab or hold onto anything tightly.
- You can groom him very well at a very young age by teaching him good habits.
French bulldog puppies should be trained very well when they enter their new home. Some things that you have to teach them are:
Other Important things: